The main objective of the magazine have been identified as follows:
- To promote traditional values and activities among the Sri Lankans in Australia, enabling them to retain their cultural identity as an integral section of multicultural Australia.
- To disseminate information and ideas among the Sri Lankans in order for them to make a meaningful contribution to the Australian way of life.
- To provide facilities for Sri Lankans in Australia to share news and views about Sri Lanka and Australia.
- To provide facilities for Sri Lankans in Australia of all walks of life to display and enhance their talents and creative abilities to improve the quality of life of the community.
- To provide useful information, guidance and assistance for the Sri Lankan community in their genuine efforts to assimilate into the Mainstream Society.